It’s no secret that Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables! You can go several ways in preparing them always ending up with a good result. Especially grilled they tend to get some superb hearty yet mild sweet flavour! Most of the time I keep it simple by salting them +-15 min. before grilling. This way flavours fully develop. This time I chose a different approach taking more time but once again delicious. Here’s how I made them:
Ingredients (2 persons):
- 1 green and 1 yellow zucchini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 gr. Finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 50 gr. Ground Gruyère cheese
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Lime juice at taste
- Pepper and salt
- 2 Thinly sliced spring onions
- 1 tbsp. Provencal herbs
- Prepare your BBQ at 180°C indirect fire.
- Cut the zucchini in slices and put them in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Add the provencal herbs, sliced spring onions, crushed garlic, Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt and lime juice to the zucchini.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly after you added some oil. Make sure each slice of zucchini is covered.
- Put the casserole in the BBQ for +- a half hour.
- Open up your BBQ and you’ll see some delicious zucchini by now. You can taste one but it’s not over. Spread the ground gruyère cheese over the zucchini and close the lid for another 15m. The Casserole is ready when the zucchini have a nice parmesan crust.
Not my best picture but this is what you should get:
We ate this casserole with Ricotta stuffed potatoes and Saltstone salmon with a crust of green herbs. This is a side dish really worth trying! You won’t regret.
Made my version of the recipe based on the easy cheesy zucchini bake recipe from Kalyn’s Kitchen.