Sunday morning and it itches to get the BBQ started. As usual it’s hard to choose what I’ll make from my BBQ Bucketlist. Since my family is my audience I like to make them happy. So I had to take something delicious they like and combine it with something new I like and want to try out. This is the result made on a himalayan salt rock stone. Have you prepared something on a saltstone? Please share them.
- 500 gr. salmon
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- Fresh chopped thyme, rosemary and oregano
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- Fire up your BBQ at 100°C +- 2hrs. before you want to serve your meal
and put the Himalayan saltrock in the BBQ over indirect fire.
- Let the temperature gradually rise to 180°C. This way your stone won’t break into pieces.
- Mix all ingredients except the salmon and butter.
4. Place the salmon with skin side up on the saltrock for a minute.
5. Meanwhile mix the melted butter with the breadcrumb mixture.
6. Carefully turn the salmon on the other side and spread the breadcrumb
over the salmon.
7. The salmon is ready +- 10 minutes later when the crust is hard.
I got my inspiration for this salmon from the blog aspicyperspective. Don’t know how it tastes in the oven but we had a great meal over here! Served with Ricotta stuffed potatoes and zucchini casserole. These side dishes were new for me too. The kids were fond of the salmon and potatoes. Hope you’ll share your picturesif you tried this meal! Please let me know if you liked it!